The 50/50 With MummyMosun

Kebab, Salmon, Cucumbers and Onions. Yes, i'm crying.
Have you ever enjoyed a cool summer night under the northern lights, the breeze blowing through your blond locks, Gal Gadot whispering sweet nothings into your ear while she plays with your chest hair?

I haven't, and i'm sure I never will. First of all i'm not blond, i've never met Gal Gadot and with how much food I order from MummyMosun, I will never have anything resembling muscle on my body again.

I think I might have a problem.

What's On My Plate?


  1. The Kebab: Sauteed spicy peppers, deep fried shrimp and deep baked beef - on a stick. We could stop here and I could try to write an essay on how I almost found a higher power eating this, but I wouldn't do it justice. Plus, somehow the salmon made me reconsider what a higher power even is.
  2. The Salmon: Seasoned with the spiciest spices and left to marinate for a few hours, it is cooked, and then baked. I will leave it as clinical a description as this because I cannot conjure flowery enough language to describe the range of emotions I went through, eating this.
  3. Sliced Onions: This is a good side because you'll need to eventually come down from the wild spice ride, onions give just the right amount of Kick:Chill ratio to let your tongue rest before the cucumbers.
  4. Sliced Cucumbers: This is the water before the water, the bitter sweet finale to the taste roller-coaster you endure. You're sad it's over, but you're happy you got to ride.

This dish is called the 50/50 because the mains are animal meat, and the sides are plant meat. I think it's kind of clever, but I think the cooking is absolutely brilliant. You will notice this dish is not stereotypically Nigerian, and i'm sure they don't claim it as such. It's sort of boujee Nigerian, and at $35 per plate, it's certainly boujee to me.

Comments

Popular Posts